[mythtv-users] saa7134 audio problems

hpoley at dds.nl hpoley at dds.nl
Sat Jan 17 10:58:27 EST 2004

I can't get sound to work in MythTV 0.12/0.13. I can hear the channel with xawtv
and running 'aplay /dev/dsp1/' together. But MythTV doesn't seem to grab
anything from it. No errors reported by either mythbackend nor mythfrontend
(both with '-v all')

Though this type of card is recommended lots of times I've now also seen others
having the same problem with the saa7134 lately. Are there any people using this
card succesfully with the current verion of mythtv? And an up-to-date kernel
(either 2.4 or 2.6)

TV-card: Cinergy 600
Mobo/Box: Asus Pundit
Audio: on-board Sis7012, running ALSA