[mythtv-users] Anyone Burning DVDs from MPEG4 Nuv Files

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Jan 17 03:09:43 EST 2004

> 2) Does growisofs detect the type of media ( DVD+R
> versus DVD-R ).  I don't see an option for specifying
> media type.  I'm using DVD+R, but my burner will burn
> DVD-R, also.

only the burner cares about the media type.  dvdrecord will know
everything

Check out my burncd script.  It has dvd options in it (I've been using
it for burning dvd backups for several months now) and should
auto-detect pretty much everything you need.  Just point it at a
directory with a video_ts directory and it'll handle changing case,
creating audio_ts, etc.

As for whether or not I've actually created dvd's from scratch with
nuvexport, no.  The quality of my mpeg4 files (even at 5400kbps) just
isn't worth spending $1/hour for archiving.  Let me know if/when you get
your dvd module done, though, and I'll include it with the rest of the
nuvexport modules.

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer