[mythtv-users] Thinking about switching to MythTV

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Fri Jan 16 16:58:10 EST 2004

Am Fr, den 16.01.2004 schrieb Mattias Larsson um 22:34:

> - I'm concerned that maybe the lockups I get on my Via EPIA systems are
> related to hardware and not software, thus a switch to Linux wouldn't
> help anything. Has anyone else successfully run MythTV on EPIA hardware
> without experiencing lock ups?

Actually, as far as I can tell, the EPIA seems to be the most stable
hardware for the PVR250/350 at the moment :-)

The ivtv driver is not yet perfect, but from what I hear from the
windows world -- and your mail supports this notion, it's more stable
than the Windows driver. Locks for me definitely are software, not
hardware.

There is a race condition in the driver that's still not found, but it
seems they are closing in.

> - Can the ActiSys IR-200L ir blaster be used to control the satellite
> receivers?
>
> - Is the IRMan supported for IR control of the mythtv frontend?

Don't know, but I think I remember the names from success messages.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough