[mythtv-users] RE: snes9x fullscreen on TV?

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Fri Jan 16 14:59:17 EST 2004

Kevin G. Currie wrote:

>>>2) im also using zsnes to get fullscreen. but i have a few problems.
>>>first ESC doesnt quit the program, it just brings up the gui. it would
>>>be better if it quit completely back to mythgame. also zsnes randomly
>>>just brings up a black screen and i end up having to kill it remotely.
>>>so basically i just stick to playing xmame
>

> I solved this on my system by assigning the "power" button on the remote
> to an irexec event which goes out and does a kill -9 on various game
> processes whether they be zsnes, xmame, whatever.  It works quite well.

I was able to get zsnes working at 800x600 fullscreen on my TV last
night.  The top and bottom are a bit overscanned but it looks a lot
better than running in a window.  I am really spoiled by Myth's nice X/Y
offset and X/Y size features.  Wish you could do that with other apps.

I am using irxevent to control Myth, so I need to see if it's possible
to run both irxevent and irexec at the same time.  I don't think it's
possible to run arbitrary commands with irxevent.

Thanks!
-Andy