[mythtv-users] Greetings All

Jim Hribnak jim at hribnak.com
Fri Jan 16 00:37:17 EST 2004

Thanks Jarod.

What I was trying  was just doing a front end, and a Master backend (with
the PVR350) on Separate Machines.  The Backend is working great, recording
(I just verifed that my recordings have sound) earlier today.

When I fire off KnoppMyth it detects everything (sound card etc) but when I
go to Live TV I get no sound, or no sound on the stuff I recorded, and
verified that the files were good (audio and sound)

So there is something amuc with KnoppMyth and my sound card (I am just
testing with my machine in the office, once I figure everything out I will
move my Nvida FX 5200 with TV Out to a new machine (which I do not have yet)
and this card is in my Master Backend.  right now I am just playing with m,y
1.6 ghz dell machine which has a Intel 82801BA/BAM AC'96 Audio Controller in
it  If I have to I will move the backend upstairs but the machine is sort of
in pieces on my desk in the basement  :) (modding the case for more fans to
keep the 8 120 gig drives cool and it has 2 power supplies (one in the case
and one external)

At least I know where my problem is now just have to figure out a solution
to that problem, which to me points to KnoppMyth Distro.

Jim