[mythtv-users] how to extract mp3 audio from an mpeg4 nuv?

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 22:02:01 EST 2004

I'm thinking about recording some music off of a music channel and I created a simple profile for it. After it is done recording I would like to extract the MP3 audio from the recording and discard the video. What would be the best way to do this? I record in mpeg4 of course, so taking just the audio out shouldn't be that bad, I have access to windows also with the filters. I've read some posts on the list about using the built in transcoder and just cat video to /dev/null and read the audio fifo into an encoder. So what's the best way or anyway that I could do this?