[mythtv-users] What's happening??? (Newbie)

Sean Stagg scstagg at wisc.edu
Thu Jan 15 21:34:04 EST 2004

Sorry for the long email, I've followed wilsonet.com/mythtv/ and have run
into some errors: PLEASE HELP! Motherboard is Epox 8rda+, nforce2

At startup
localhost lm_sensors: Starting up sensors:
localhost lm_sensors: Can't access /proc file
localhost lm_sensors:
localhost lm_sensors: Unable to find i2c bus information;
localhost lm_sensors: For 2.6 kernels, make sure you have mounted sysfs!
localhost lm_sensors: For older kernels, make sure you have done 'modprobe
i2c-proc'!
localhost rc: Starting lm_sensors:  failed

At shutdown
localhost lircd: lircd shutdown failed

[root at localhost azureus]# /sbin/service lircd status
lircd (pid 9669) is running...

shortly after my cpu goes to 10% idle...
[root at localhost azureus]# /sbin/service lircd status
lircd dead but subsys locked

/sbin/service lircd stop
Stopping infrared remote control daemon:                   [FAILED]

My modules.conf file:
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias usb-controller usb-ohci
alias usb-controller1 ehci-hcd
#alias usb-interface usb-ohci
# Include this in your /etc/modules.conf
# Be sure that there are no other bttv/i2c related module-options around!
# Generated by find_tvcardoptions.sh
# i2c
alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
options i2c-core i2c_debug=1
options i2c-algo-bit bit_test=1
# bttv
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
options bttv card=10 pll=0
options tuner type=8 debug=0
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
post-install bttv modprobe tuner; modprobe videodev
#alias eth0 nvnet
alias eth0 nvnet
alias usb-interface usb-ohci
# nvidia kernel module
alias char-major-195 nvidia-1.0-4363
# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.1 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
alias sound-slot-0 snd-emu10k1
options snd-emu10k1 enable_ir=1
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

Why/how am I getting these errors?? Please help