[mythtv-users] Everything works except....ivtvfbctl

Jason Donahue mythtv at timekiller.org
Thu Jan 15 19:40:39 EST 2004

I have followed the TvOutHowto
(http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=TvOutHowto). And made LOTS of
progress (btw, the answer to my last question was that the apt-get install
of everything did not create my video devices properly)

Anyway, at this point ALOMOST everything works. I can cat /dev/video0 >
test.mpg and play it back.

I can cat test.mpg > /dev/video16 and see it on the TV. I can even dd
if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k and watch live tv, and use the perl
script to change the channel.

However, when I : ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -noglobalalpha -localalpha

I get:
IVTVFB_IOCTL_GET_STATE failed (error: Invalid argument)

the ivtv-fb module loads correctly, and when it loads, I see a blinking
cursor on the TV screen (although typing moves the cursor, I see no text
on the screen)

Any ideas on this one?

BTW: I even got the hauppauge remote working. So getting TV out working is
the last step before hooking it up!