[mythtv-users] FW: Would I be better off with a PVR250 or a PVR350

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Thu Jan 15 19:25:34 EST 2004

Quoting stan <stanb at panix.com>:

> So, sounds like teh PVR-350 has little advantage to me over the PVR-250's.
> Given that, correct?
I mentioned this in my last reply on the subject, but IIRC, the PVR-250 does not
have the FM capability that the PVR-350 does.

So if you want the ability to record and timeshift FM radio in addition to TV,
you'll need a 350.  (Although getting a few extra BTTV cards with FM capability
might work better in this case...)

FM capability is currently not supported by MythTV, but the ivtv driver should
have it in a matter of weeks.  (At least two people have gotten FM functionality
to work, but the implementations both need to be cleaned up and reworked to play
more nicely with the rest of the ivtv code.)  Once the ivtv driver has support
for it, I would not be surprised if FM support were added to Myth relatively
quickly.