[mythtv-users] Does ripping DVDs preserve all the features

Mark B. Elrod elrod at shallowpool.com
Thu Jan 15 19:23:50 EST 2004

I would like them nicely organized in a UI like Myth. Ideally you could
see them in a view that listed the movies and maybe optionally played
their DVD menu's in a little window similiar to scene selection on a DVD
now :)

What is the format of the DVD menu stuff? You would think you could
leave all of that alone and the DVD player would handle it like it does
now but then re-encode the main video stream to mp4. If the player can
play mp4 and mp2 does it care? Is some of the DVD menu stuff is linked
to the main video file - such as scene selection? If you re-encode then
maybe the indexing does not work? I would think you would be able to
rewrite that info if you understood the format.

elrod