[mythtv-users] Do any of you transcode/edit on Windows?

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Thu Jan 15 15:27:03 EST 2004

Not too long ago on here, somebody asked about changing the file names that
MythTV creates to something a little more self-explanatory.   That got me
thinking about a "helper" app that I could create.

I do my transcoding manually on my Windows machine, since I've already got
a set of tools that work quite well.    Rather than switching back and
forth between MythWeb and my file manager, figuring out which file is
which, I could have an app access the mysql database directly and allow me
to work directly with the recordings.     I can click on the thumbnail of
the recording, and it will spawn mplayer2 automatically to play the file.
When I click Edit, it will automatically spawn the tools that I use,
depending on the setting I select.  (Virtualdub-MPEG2, Vegas, and/or
VFAPIConvEN)

I have a screenshot of the app here:
http://dormcam.mine.nu:8080/mythhelper.gif

Would this be useful to any of you?   Or do you all just stick to the Linux
end of things?

-WD