[mythtv-users] Assigning images to movies in mythvideo.

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Thu Jan 15 12:33:13 EST 2004

Hi folks.

Once in a while I come across a movie without any poster in imdb or any
other place that mythvideo searches and I need to add manually fetched
imagery in stead. I have heard on several occasions that is should be
possible to just drop the images 'in there', but assuming 'in there' is
my somewhere below my Video ROOT, it doesn't seem to work...

All I get is a window like this:

MythVideo -> Video Manager -> Browse to movie -> '1' -> Select 'Cover
Art'

+=======+=======+==========+
+       +       +          +
+       + Image + No files +
+       + Files + found    +
+       +       +          +

I can't see from the mythvideo code (assorted grep operations) where it
is supposed to look and strace didn't give me much to go on either.

Should the image be named the same as the file (sans extention, i.e.
Madeline.avi -> Madeline.jpg?).

Previously I have just added it manually to the database but now I'm
curious how other people manage this. Have I just misread what I saw?

/Martin.
--
Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>