[mythtv-users] OT: Sound Hosed

Paul Woodward paul_woodward at fastnet.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 10:49:52 EST 2004

I have had enormous trouble with sound using 2.6.1 and the latest Alsa compiled in. I don't know if it's ALSA, my onboard intel8x0 sound or what.

The only way I can get myth to work is with OSS compatibility compiled in. I have got myth compiled up for alsa support too.

If anyone knows the solution to this and the 5.1ch with mplayer and Alsa. I'd be very grateful too.

Paul