[mythtv-users] Multiple mythmusic plugins for multiple cards in one menu ?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 15 09:31:25 EST 2004

On Thursday 15 January 2004 06:14, Robert Rozman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two sound cards and would like to control them from single
> mythfrontend instance. Can I run two mythmusic plugins with separate
> Audio devices ?
>
> How could I do this under mythtv ?

Hmmm, I don't think this is possible.  AFAIK you can't load multiple
instances of a plugin, or you'd get multiply-defined symbol conflicts
(or worse).  So, in order to do what you want you either need to run 2
instances of mythfrontend, or rewrite mythmusic to support multiple
simultaneous playback streams.

-JAC