[mythtv-users] Slow PVR-350 decoding in MythTV

Keith Davey mush_keithd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 05:32:03 EST 2004

Ok,

The report from MythTv frontend is this.

***
* Couldn't find Xv support, falling back to non-Xv mode.
* MythTv performance will be much slower since color
* conversion and scaling will be done in software.
* Consider upgrading your video card or X server if
* you would like better performace.

The recordings look fine, just playback is the problem. It is very
noticeable on
my myth box as its not that high a spec, just 700mhz. But with the
hardware decoding
of the PVR-350 playback wasn't a problem.

So I guess the question is what is Xv and where is it broken, in myth or
ivtv.

Keith