[mythtv-users] PVR250 - PVR350 Europe vs US

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 14 22:17:42 EST 2004

Quoting Tony Clark <tclark at telia.com>:

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:03 pm, Mark Howells wrote:

The MSP3400 handles sound subcarrier demodulation, and is completely reconfigurable.

I'm guessing the most likely differences between the tuners for each standard
are the IF filter bandwidths.

I'd need to look at the source more closely to be sure.  The tuners and the
MSP3400 are both quite reconfigurable, but if the IF filters are different then
the tuners won't be completely compatible.  If the IF bandwidth is too narrow,
it just won't work properly.  If it's too wide, noise immunity and selectivity
suffer.