[mythtv-users] Hauppage Win-TV PVR-350 - Where?

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 14 22:04:55 EST 2004

Quoting Steve Withers <swithers at mmp.org.nz>:

> On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 12:39, Keith Davey wrote:
> >  From what I can see you use PAL-B in New Zealand, so do not buy
> > a PVR-350 from the US.
> >
> > As far as I know the tuner on the PVR-350 will have a TV system,
> > specific tuner, so
> > the US ones will have an NTSC tuner.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I had assumed that the cards would be able to do PAL or NTSC.
>
> My assumption was based on the fact that the 4 previous devices I have
> bought:
>
> 2 x Dynalink TV-Magic
> 1 x Miro DC30+
> 1 x Pinnacle Studio PC TV
>
> ....all were able to support all standards - even SECAM - and could be
> used anywhere on earth.

Did their tuners support all standards or just the composite inputs?

I think some cards may have multistandard tuners available, but Hauppauge
usually uses Philips tuners, which are standard-specific.

The composite inputs on these cards are a different story - they have no
problems with multiple standards.