[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and TV out

Jason Donahue mythtv at timekiller.org
Wed Jan 14 21:30:12 EST 2004

Greeting! I'm really excited to be part of this group. Now it's my turn to
post my first question.

I got MythTV running, got the Cable signal, and can watch/pause/record
live tv without any issues...on my monitor.

Now I want it hooked up to my TV :)

Let me start with my setup:
Hardware:
MB: Asus P4S800-MX (Micro-ATX)
Onboard Audio: ADI AD1888 SoundMAX 6-Channel Codec
Onboard Video: SiS Real 256E Graphics
Tuner Card: Hauppauge PVR-350

Software:
OS: Redhat 9
MythTV Version: 0.13
ivtv Driver Version: 17_21288 ?

I followed the directions on pvrhw.goldfish.org for installing on Redhat 9
(had to get some info from the "Installing on Fedora" section)

I am able to load all modules correctly. And I can do #modprobe saa7127
with "test_image=1" and I see the color bars on the screen!

I can even modprove ivtv-fb and see the TV get a cursor (but anything I
type does not show up). But if I try #dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16
bs=64k
nothing happens. I have also tried #cat test.mpg > /dev/video16 and that
doesn't do anything :(

Can anyone point me in the right direction???