[mythtv-users] Re:RE:Couldn't find a matching decoder for:rbuf://...

Ryan Daigle rwdaigle at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 20:52:24 EST 2004

Resetting the permissions on ringbuffer didn't work for me, nor was setting
the umask on the partition an option since I'm using an LVM volume group.

So after digging a little more (and noticing that the test_ioctl command
produced an error sometimes), I went through the ivtv setup again.  Funny
thing is that an apt-get install said I needed to upgrade ivtv, so I must
have messed something up while playing w/ alsa or troubleshooting the issue?

Anyways, after a reinstall of ivtv, and a rmmod ivtv, modprobe ivtv, tv live
and recording is now working.  Whew, one obstacle conquered.

Now on to lirc...