[mythtv-users] multiple video sources

w othi w68othib at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 14:22:41 EST 2004

I have same the input sources - currently I use one
PVR-250 with the cable coming in on the tuner input
and the direct tv coming in on the composite input.
Can't record on both at the same time obviously, but
can record from each.

I have the two schedules loaded into my program guide,
the cable input having the bulk of the channels and
the direct tv only having the non-overlapped channels.
 I use the scheduler in directv to "tune to" the
channel I want to record and have the Myth scheduler
start recording on the composite input.

Of course you could have Myth change the direct tv
channel through an external channel changing program,
but (for now) it's just as easy to do it the way I am
now.

HTH

Message: 19