[mythtv-users] A few newbie type questions

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Wed Jan 14 11:08:56 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 16:46, Nick Gilbert wrote:

> Hmm... I'd actually rather it didn't do that. On TIVOs it seems to
> degrade the picture quality, and causes a delay when changing channel
> (or doing anything) if you're using an external tuner. I'd want it to
> work more like a normal video, except with more intelligence when it
> comes to recording, and to have no tapes :)

You still can do that exactly the way you are doing now. Not routing the
signal through the mythbox. My wife does it all the time. So we don't
use the live tv capabilities (except for the odd film we want to watch
at the time of the actual broadcast, which is not that often. It's more
likely I'll record it and we'll view it while recording or afterwards)
So you can use it like a smart vcr. You don't watch TV via your vcr
right now, do you? :-)

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough