[mythtv-users] PVR-250 on eBay.....stil $88!

michael brown spam-me at houston.rr.com
Tue Jan 13 06:43:44 EST 2004

From: "Brian"

> Not only that, there are physical differences between the one on eBay
and
> the retail PVR-250.
>
> I have both the retail PVR-250 and the one from eBay.
> The one on eBay has a heatsink and the pcb is slightly longer whereas
the
> retail version does not have any heatsink.

As I understand this, the OEM units on e-bay are much like the first
generation 250's.  The chip does hardware decoding and is the same one
used in the 350 (hence the heatsink), but there are no output
connections to the outside world, so it's a moot issue.  The retail box
my 250 came in has a picture of the card that clearly shows a heatsink
though my card does not have one.  Should I complain to the FTC about
false advertising?  ;-)

michael brown