[mythtv-users] Internal Video player

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue Jan 13 21:13:08 EST 2004

Sorry for the delay, had no time til now. It does appear that I have a
sound problem. I did as you said and turned off aRts, but that didn't
much for me, yet. Here's my current scenerio.

No myth in the thoughts here so I'm going OT... My sound is working in
the OS but the volume is REALLY, REALLY low, at least when playing a CD.
I've verified that the volume is all the way up. I have PC speakers
plugged in and the volume jacked all the way up on them, and it isn't
even approaching loud.

At some point audio worked fine. I'm thought maybe when I was messing
with alsa that I screwed it up somehow. I'm not really sure how to
properly get rid of alsa, but I did find some info by googling that said
to set the max devices to 1. I think this worked because I don't get a
few sound related module errors in messages that I was getting, but the
OS sound is no different.

Any ideas? Thanks,
James