[mythtv-users] Recommended Remote Controls?

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Tue Jan 13 17:21:28 EST 2004

If you have no receiver of any kind, then yeah a home-built receiver is
probably a good idea.  At least from what I've read, it's a cheap solution
too... I don't have any links on hand for plans but I'm sure others will
chime in.

Not all receivers are created equally, from what I understand.  There are
different IR protocols.  For instance, the Hauppauge PVR-250's receiver uses
RC-5, which some universal remotes work with, some won't.  (I think it's
safe to say most will?)

William Boyd, II
Web Developer
Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.