[mythtv-users] Savage IX with tv-out and x-video

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Tue Jan 13 12:17:51 EST 2004

At 10:43 PM 1/12/2004 -0500, tim_bloomfield at sympatico.ca wrote:
>I am trying to get one of the cheap savage IX AGP cards to work with
>Mythtv, but I can not get X-video to work with tv-out. I just get a blue
>screen.
>
>I am running redhat 9 (running XFree 4.3) and have tried the latest
>drivers from Tim Roberts and the experimental drivers downloaded from
>Xfree.org. It appears from searching the list archives that others have
>made this card work. I would be interested in knowing what Xfree drivers
>were used and if any special configuration was required. Thanks for any help,

I was one of the people asking about this same card last summer (look in
the list archives for those threads). Although I got a couple of responses
back then saying it worked, I never got an actual recipe for making it
work. I don't recall everything I tried back then (using X 4.2.x), but I
finally gave up and bought an nVidia card. I ended up wondering if "Savage
IX" actually described several different cards, some of which worked
trivially easily but others of which simply did not work at all.

Oh well ... I do still have the old Savage IX card laying around somewhere.
If you get advice that works, I'd love to see it.