[mythtv-users] Internal Video player

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue Jan 13 09:30:59 EST 2004

I have tried those commands after I patched mplayer a few days ago. I'm
not able to get the sound working. I'm not sure to even tell if I'm
using oss or not(does redhat 9 use that?). If I'm not, IU don't know
what the correct parameters would be in place of oss:/dev/dsp. Sound
does work in the OS. Alsa is installed but not configured correctly.

For the remote, I guess I just have to enable it for mplayer. I already
have the .lircrc file modified. Can you tell me off the top of your head
where to enable it in mplayer?

That being said, my preference would still be to use myth's internal
player so both audio and video go out the PVR350, because I'm sending
this through my home theater. With mplayer I would have to wire the
sound from the PC's audio jack back to the composites on my home
theater, which isn't the greatest sound. At least that's how I
understand it, maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks,
James