[mythtv-users] Sound card necessary with PVR-350?

Potuncle potuncle at enjoyingeugene.com
Mon Jan 12 21:45:31 EST 2004

I am going to have front and backend running on the same box and I have a
Hauupauge PVR-350. My motherboard does not have a built-in sound card. I
am working with KnoppMyth R4.

Do I need a sound card in order to capture/play live video, or playback
recorded video, or can I use the audio-out of the PVR-350? Once setup, I
will only have a TV (no monitor) connected to my MythTV box.

If I can use the PVR-350 for sound without a sound card, how do I
configure it as such?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason