[mythtv-users] Does the CLE266 have enough horsepower?

Steve Krulewitz shooz at mm.st
Mon Jan 12 18:52:49 EST 2004

Hey folks --

Newbie here.  I am looking to build a mythtv box, and want it to be very
small.  I really like the Lex NEO fanless system [1] with the MV823A
motherboard [2].  I would put a 2.5" hard drive inside.  I don't know
too much about these tiny systems, but I am curious if anyone knows if
will have enough horsepower to:

- play mp3s
- record and time shift live tv
- play DVDs (with a usb2/firewire DVD drive)
- play Divx and other video formats

Looks like the high end configuration is a 800MHz processor, and I have
high hopes that this plus the on board MPEG hardware will enable me to
do what I want.

Does anyone have any comments on this hardware?

cheers,
-steve