[mythtv-users] Big quiet drive on the cheap

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Jan 12 13:45:39 EST 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Isaac Force wrote:

> 200GB Seagate 7200.7 for $99.99 after rebates at CompUSA. The 7200.7 line is
> listed as #4 on StorageReview's idle noise performance chart.

The hard drive in my Myth box has just gone bang and I've got to replace
it (running on a very noisy temporary drive ATM that I grabbed from work).
In the interests of reducing heat and noise, is 7200rpm really needed?
When you think about it, Myth really doesn't throw a huge amount of data
around (a couple of gig per hour really isn't a huge amount by modern
standards).

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/