[mythtv-users] Nuvexport settings?

Scott Pouliot spouliot at scpsoftware.net
Mon Jan 12 13:06:37 EST 2004

I'm trying to use nuvexport for the first time to archive a few sports
recordings I taped.  I've run a few exports to VCD and SVCD, but the quality
really stinks.  Does anyone have any recommended settings for the export?
Or maybe a recommended format?

My goal is to archive these to Video CD's so I can play them in my DVD
Player if I so choose.  My default recording profile is set to a bitrate of
4500 with a max of 6000 (the standard settings, I never changed them after
the install)....and that quality looks fine for me.  The export seems to
take FOREVER (on a 933) and the quality is @ 40% of the original.  Any way
to pump it up without blowing up the filesize beyond what would fit on a
single CD?

Ideally, I want to bring these vids over to my Windows machine and use Adobe
Premier to doctor them up.....cut them together....etc etc etc.  But in
order to do that...I need a decent quality MPG or AVI to start with.  I even
tried DivX and that wasn't much better.

I'm a newbie to both MythTV as well as nuvexport, so I'm hoping some of the
seasoned vets can lend me a hand here.  Possibly a setting within MythTV
itself that could be screwing up the quality...not too sure.

My Hardware specs:

Dell Dimension 4100 (P-III 933)
384MB RAM
20GB Drive (with a 160GB I need to install)
PVR-250 Tuner
nVidia 32MB Card (with no TV Out)

This is a test bed machine to kind of do a "proof on concept" to see if I
can make this easy enough for my girlfriend to use so I can sell off our
Tivo  ;-)  So far I'm pretty impressed.  The work on this project is
definitely excellent!

Thanks

Scott