[mythtv-users] Internal Video player

Stuart Felenstein stuart4m at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 04:55:11 EST 2004

So the patch isn't available yet ?

Stuart

"J. Donavan Stanley" <jdonavan at jdonavan.net> wrote:
Stuart Felenstein wrote:

> Stupid question , hope no one takes offense here. Is using the
> internel myth player documented ? I may have missed something along
> the way. I'll re-read.
> Personally I'd like to see it handle mpeg-2's divx and dvd's.
>
> Stuart
>
> *//*

The patch I just sent to the dev list allows it to be used for more than
just recordings and watching TV. If it's accepted using the internal
player will be as easy as specifying "Internal" as your player in
MythVideo. As always you can override the system wide player on a per
file / per extension basis. It can't currently play DVDs (or perfect
rips of them) but it can play quite a bit...