[mythtv-users] Cannot hear MythMusic sound

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sat Jan 10 18:51:50 EST 2004

Am Sa, den 10.01.2004 schrieb Michael Starks um 19:38:
> Hola,
>
> I've got most everything working (except for live TV freezes, which I
> suppose I'll address separately) except for MythMusic.  It plays the
> music OK when speakers are attached, but when I take the line out from
> the sound card and plug it into the line in on the PVR-350 I don't hear
> anything.  Everything is unmuted in the mixer.  I was under the
> impression that this would work.  The info I've found by searching the
> mailing list is inconclusive.  Should this work or do I need to output
> the sound separately?

No, that's supposed to not work :-)

The line in on the pvr is only "open" when capturing from the video in
of the grabber card. It's not a pass through.

What you ca ndo is pass the pvr's audio out into the line in of the
sound card and connect the amp/speakers to the line out of the sound
card.

HTH,

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough