[mythtv-users] Input Connections

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Jan 10 15:32:32 EST 2004

Stuart Felenstein wrote:
> 1.How would I know if I need to set "Preset tuner to channel" field?
> I'm using the Hauppauge 350, and everything seems to be working right
> with no entry.

That's for taking a connection from a cable box over coax
where the box sends its output over channel 3 or 4. Most
older VCRs used coax outputs this way but most modern cable
boxes should have s-video or composite where there is no
such need to specify a channel.

> 2.  In the starting channel field, I noticed something just appeared
> after I exited mythfrontend, apparently the last channel that was on.
> Is that normal behaviour?

Yes. it now stores the last channel in that field in the
database so you just need to set any vaild channel in the
initial setup which is only used the first time.

--  bjm