[mythtv-users] Internal Video player

Stuart Felenstein stuart4m at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 14:01:21 EST 2004

Stupid question , hope no one takes offense here.  Is using the internel myth player documented ?  I may have missed something along the way.  I'll re-read.
Personally I'd like to see it handle mpeg-2's divx and dvd's.

Stuart

"J. Donavan Stanley" <jdonavan at jdonavan.net> wrote:
Jason Ferrara wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2004, at 8:55 AM, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>
>> Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>>
>>> The main obstacle to using the Myth internal player is just hooking
>>> everything up. Myth currently depends on its own metadata in the
>>> database for things like the seektable, cutlists, and (not sure on
>>> this) video size/resolution. But, the *hard* work (decoding the
>>> file/stream) has already been done by ffmpeg.
>>>

>> Yep and after I looked at it, it's less of a hassle to use the
>> internal player than it is the xine-lib. Once I'm done with this
>> refactoring, we'll be able to play media using either a true internal
>> player, one or more media player plugins or one or more external apps.
>

> Will the internal player handle DVD menus?

Nor right away no... BUT if you have my MythXine plugin you can specify
that to be used for DVD playback and you will get DVD menus. Ideally,
the built in Myth player will eventually be able to handle everything
that MythXine can but it's not there yet. Hopefully, these changes will
cause an itch in folks and they'll take up fixing the Myth player so
that it handles all the formats it's supposed to handle properly and add
DVD menu support.