[mythtv-users] mplayer and native lirc

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 9 20:35:43 EST 2004

>From: "Richard Naninck" <richard.naninck at home.nl>
>To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: [mythtv-users] mplayer and native lirc
>Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:18:32 +0100
>
>Hi,
>
>I just compiled mythtv with NATIVE LIRC support. I deleted the symlink
>'irxevent' from my .kde/Autostart directory because al my IR events were
>doubled before I did that.
>I can't however get mplayer to work. I still have the .mplayer/input.conf
>file unchanged. I can't find a solution in the mythgroups. Can somebody
>tell
>me how to get mplayer to work with mythtv's native lirc!
>
>Richard

You need to specify the lircconf parameter to mplayer to read a config
file which contains the mplayer lirc definitions in the setup in Myth
that defines either the MythVideo or MythDVD settings (or both).  The
best way to do this is to add the parameter to the mplayer config file
in your ~/.mplayer directory.  You might also want to specify other
parameters in this file to simplify your Myth settings.  Some of the
parameters I have set are:

lircconf=/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc
vo=xvmc,xv,
fs=yes
vc=ffmeg12mc,mpeg12,
double=yes
zoom=yes
really-quiet=yes
nojoystick=yes

Adjust the lircconf for your setup.  I have my mplayer lirc defs in the
same file as my Myth lirc defs.  The video out (vo) uses xvmc if
available.  The full screen (fs) setting is enabled.  The video codec
(vc) uses motion compensation if available.  Double buffering
(double) is enabled.  Zoom (zoom) is enable.  Status messages
are suppressed (really-quiet).  Joystick support (nojoystick) is
disabled.

Read the man page for mplayer if you want to find out more
config settings and search the Myth archives for samples of
lirc defs for mplayer that are used by others when using Myth.

All of this assumes that lirc support in Myth is working for you
already.  Good luck!!

-- Harry O.