[mythtv-users] Pundit fan noise.

Malcolm Smith Malcolm.Smith at itemplus.com
Fri Jan 9 11:26:41 EST 2004

One question

Are you running lm_sensors?

I found that the

1. machine booted... noisey for 2 secs
2. q-fan cuts in and the system goes quiet. Never gets much louder than this
during normal running
3. run sensorsd... and it seems to interact with q-fan fan goes as noisy as
it did when the machine booted

So I stopped sensorsd, don't really need the monitoring

I guess what I'm saying is that if you notice the fan getting much noiser
once it has booted then that may be your problem.

I'm running RH9.0

The other thing I did was to place the pundit behind the TV with the fan
facing the wall. Cuts the noise even more.

-malc-