[mythtv-users] One capture card two video/audio sources == possible?

Chuck Connors donny911 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 9 09:04:24 EST 2004

I am using one ATI TV Wonder VE capture card which has a composite and a
coaxial input. I am currently subscribed to DirecTv as well as my local
cable company.

I've managed to set up the DirecTv video feed into the composite in and
sound from the receiver (via RCA plugs to stereo mini plug) going into the
onboard sound line in.

The local cable feed is going into the coaxial input on the same capture
card with the audio coming out of the capture card and into the onboard mic
in.

This set up works fine for video. Myth can change channels on either source
(DTV via serial control) and record.

How can I enable the mic in for the cable feed? Is it possible? When running
mythtv-setup, it seems that the audio device is tied to the capture card and
not to individual inputs. Perhaps I'm overlooking something, but I can't see
how to set this ....

BTW, the TV Wonder VE does not have bttaudio, so that's not an option.

Thanks