[mythtv-users] DVB: Recording length keeps changing!!

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Fri Jan 9 06:02:11 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 10:24, Edward Wildgoose wrote:
> > Anyone else seen this happening? Why does the recording length change?
> > Why is my recording cut short? (NB This is a completed recording, not
> > something that is still being recorded).
>
> Yes, I see this.  The length calculation seems to be wrong under some situations.
> I see 1hour programs report around 56ish mins.
>
> Also annoyingly, if you watch a program then press fast forward after watching for perhaps 10mins plus (eg advert break) then the position it starts recording from is a 10-30 secs behind where it was playing from.  This means you get a strange effect where you press FF and end up behind where you started from.  It is a gradual effect and gets worse the longer you have been watching for.
>
> I have no idea if this is DVB specific?  Anyone else get this? (CVS from around Xmas time)

I guess now it's DVB specific :-)

Had the same thing with the pvr350 (but with decoder output, It didn't
occur with software decoding, so I wonder what the difference is between
watching a pvr encoded mpeg2 via s/w decoding vs. watching a dvb
encoded.

You are in a PAL country, aren't you.

With the pvr350 the problem was the hardcoded gop frame distance of 15
while with PAL the distance is 12. Might also be the framerate coded as
30 vs. 25.

Look in the .cpp and .h files of the dvb specific code if there is such
a thing.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough