[mythtv-users] MythTv and DVB-T cards setup in the Uk

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Fri Jan 9 02:48:38 EST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to get MythTv working with a DVB-T card in the Uk.
I have the DVB-T card working fine, drivers etc.
I have compiled/installed/configured xmltv and MythTv with DVB support.
However, the mythbackend gives the error messages:
2004-01-09 07:45:16 DVB#0 ERROR - Could not find dvb tuning parameters
for channel 3 with id 1043.
2004-01-09 07:45:16 DVB#0 ERROR - Failed to get channel options for
channel 3.

and there are error messages when I try and watch a channel.
Reading on the mail lists suggests that I need to set up the databases
dvb_channel and dvb_pids tables.

1. Is this all that is required ?
2. Is there any information on how to do this (syntax, rqeuired fields
etc) ?
3. Is there a Howto for using DVB with MythTv ?

Cheers

Terry