[mythtv-users] DMA problems again

Tim Wilhoit timwilhoit at cox-internet.com
Fri Jan 9 02:27:03 EST 2004

I keep getting this error on in /var/log/messages:

Jan  9 01:07:43 mythbox kernel: hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady
SeekComplete Error }
Jan  9 01:07:43 mythbox kernel: hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 {
DriveStatusError BadCRC }

"insmod saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=0 test_image=1" produces
the color bars like it is supposed to.  But when I do dd if=/dev/video
of=/dev/video16 bs=64k to test my framebuffer I get nothing.  Are these
DMA errors usually enough to cause nothing at all to come out of the
framebuffer?.

I do have a Abit KT7 which is the KT133 chipset and I see that is known
to have problems with DMA.  For those of you that fixed this issue how
did you do so.  I already tried a shorter cable.  I also tried going
back to a 40 wire cable instead of the 80 wire I was using.  I also
tried disabling DMA with hdparm -d0.  I am running out of ideas and am
contemplating how I want to get around this.  Not sure if I should just
get a new mobo or what.  I am pretty confident the drive is good. Any
suggestions are welcomed.

Tim

Abit KT7
Athlon 1.4