[mythtv-users] Status of LinuxPPC mythttv?

Bruce C. Dillahunty bdillahu at peachbush.com
Thu Jan 8 16:11:26 EST 2004

I run it... there is a patch (I have it at home) that you can load, but it
isn't current... a few "tweaks" and I've gotten it to work well enough to
watch shows, etc. Filters won't run, at least some of them, since they
seem to rely on x86 assembly.

Let me know if you want the patch and I'll send it on.

You may be short on horsepower... I have a 733Mhz G4 and it runs about
50-60% watching TV. Obviously it doesn't offload much to the video card on
mine :-)

Is there any interest in moving the PPC code into the main tree? I think
it could be done with some #ifdefs... would that be acceptable?

Bruce