[mythtv-users] RE: RE: PVR-350 TV Out

Bill Mackintosh never4u at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jan 8 07:58:20 EST 2004

As the originator of this thread, I'd be willing to do the write-up Jarod.
I've been corresponding with another user in the same boat I am, and we seem
to have pinned the problems down to DMA errors.  At
http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-view_faq.php?faqId=1#q25 it lists certain VIA
chipsets as the probably culprits, and I do have one of the ones mentioned.

I just ordered a new Nforce2 MB which will go into my main PC, and that PC's
current MB (an Asus A7A266-E) will go into my MythTV box.  I expect the new
MB to arrive on Friday of this week or Monday of next, then I start
rebuilding the box yet again :P  Once I get it up and running, and
(hopefully) succeed in getting the TV Output from the 350 working properly,
I'll be happy to document the additional steps not currently in your guide
and e-mail them to you if you'd like, and/or post them to this mailing list
if everyone would like.

If and when I get MythTV going, I'm not sure how willing I'd be to keep
updating drivers and such just to update the guide (just giving everyone
fair warning)  If it's stable, leave it alone as far as I'm concerned!
Unless there is some spectacular new functionality inherent in a new version
of MythTV itself or the IVTV drivers themselves, I'd be content to just have
it work! :)