[mythtv-users] Newbie dependency install issue

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Jan 8 01:53:22 EST 2004

On Jan 7, 2004, at 17:16, Travis wrote:

> I am trying to install mythtv on a new system I have put together
> based on
> an Intel 865G board with a pvr 250.  After installing Fedora and
> following
> Jarod's tutorial page, I try to run # apt-get install mythtv-suite and
> get a
> lot of dependency issues.  Eventually, I attempt to downgrade qt to
> version
> 1.3.1.1-6 because I get this error "qt-MySQL: Depends: qt (=1:3.1.1-6"

That wouldn't be qt version 1.3.1.1-6, it would be 3.1.1-6.
Unfortunately, I have no clue why you're getting this error. What do
you get for results with this command:

# apt-cache policy mythtv-suite

> The result is the KDE ends up getting really screwed up.  I am still
> really
> new to linux, and I guess I'm having issues understanding how to get
> around
> the dependencies and keep KDE working.  Thanks to all for any input on
> my
> situation.

You don't get around dependencies, you satisfy them. :) We'll see what
we can figure out...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...