[mythtv-users] Re: pvr-250 remote with manually compiled lirc

James Colannino email2jamez at dslextreme.com
Wed Jan 7 22:24:45 EST 2004

Axel Thimm wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 03:30:26PM -0800, James Colannino wrote:
>

>>Axel Thimm wrote:

>>>Could you try applying it to ATrpms' sources? Possibly adjusting it,
>>>if adjustment is needed? Thanks!
>>>

>>Just getting back to you to make sure you don't think I forgot about
>>patching the kernel.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm about to soon.  By
>>the way, is it ok if I just send you a tar.gz version of the patched
>>kernel sources?  I wouldn't know how to re-create the rpm.
>>

>A patch between the two kernel source trees (w/o any make depend
>stuff) is fine, e.g.
>
>       diff -rudN linux.old linux.new > mypatch

Good news and so-so news.  The good news is I got the kernel patched.
The so-so news is that I had to apply part of the patch manually since
the patch didn't match up exactly.  It was just a few simple #define
directives that belonged up at the top of include/fs.h in the source
tree, so it should work.  However, I didn't want to start building
things in the source tree and leave behind any binaries, so it may or
may not work.  Let me know how it goes.  I'll email you privately with
the link (I'm posting it on my personal server which has very limited
bandwidth.)

James