[mythtv-users] MythGame Howto, help, and info

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Wed Jan 7 21:45:36 EST 2004

Julian Frumar wrote:
> Hey Myth gurus,
>

> I need a hand setting up MythGame.
>
> I have installed xmame to test out the mythgame features. I can run
> Xmame from outside mythtv.
>

> I have gone into the game settings and given the correct paths for mame.
>
> When I select "search for games", nothing happens (i.e. no new screens,
> no progress meters, no response at all).

Make sure of the following:

1) You have a catver.ini file and the settings point to it.

2) Screenshots and flyers point to directories

3) Hiscores path point to the hiscore.dat FILE

4) the history path points to the history.dat FILE

I submitted a patch a while ago that clears up these confusing elements
and adds some error messages but it wasn't accepted.