[mythtv-users] Saving subtitle when ripping DVD

argus argus at coastline.net
Wed Jan 7 02:22:07 EST 2004

Ah-ha!
I played the Myth-ripped video file manually with mplayer ("mplayer
<file name> -sid 0") and the subtitles display (and turn on and off with
"v" key).
I should have tried that out before. Thanks for the tip.

Yes, I am ripping at "perfect level".
MythVideo does not play back subtitle by default.  I've just now added
"-sid 0" to the end of the default video player parameters to enable
subtitles always. This worked with  the one DVD I've ripped so far. Are
english subtitles always "0" ?