[mythtv-users] 2 video capture card questions

Gerald Gryschuk gerald.gryschuk at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 6 23:23:23 EST 2004

Hi everyone I have two questions regarding video capture/tuner cards.

1) Does the Hauppaug PVR - 250 do stereo sound?

2) Anyone know of a good relatively inexpensive just straight video
capture card that takes 3 component video and stores in MPEG-1,2 or 4
format. Basically I'm looking for a way to capture a 3 component video
signal from an HDTV set-top box. I've found a couple of video capture
devices but they're relatively low end(Adaptec Oh! captures only up to
720x480). This one isn't all that urgent as I don't actually have an
HDTV set top box yet but I'm planning on getting one in the near future.

Anyway thanks for the help.
--
Gerald Gryschuk <gerald.gryschuk at shaw.ca>