[mythtv-users] Mythbackend and segfault

Hans-Christian Prytz hcp_public at prytz.net
Tue Jan 6 17:11:49 EST 2004

Hi, after myth has worked properly for about 5 days, the backend has
suddenly started to segfault when it starts to record.

This has not happened before, and it quite lierally happened before my
eyes the first time :-( and that without me having made any changes to
the system at all (except for adding a new show to the recording
schedule that is)

There is nothing of interest logged, just the " Changing from None to
RecordingOnly" message.
I tried to make a backtrace, but for some reasonthe segfault never
happens within gdb, it just keeps running, but produces files with a
size of 0 (zero) bytes.

Would a backtrace still be helpful?
Hans-Christian