[mythtv-users] Newer versions of ALSA and audio/video shuttering

mythtv at zaius1.homeunix.org mythtv at zaius1.homeunix.org
Tue Jan 6 13:37:39 EST 2004

Hello,

Seen some posts in regards to this without any real answers other than
downgrading ALSA.  Wondering if there is another solution.  I'm using a
2.6.0-dev-gentoo kernel that has alsa 1.0.0-rc2 patched in it.  After
about 5 minutes of watching liveTV I get the dreaded "prebuffering
pause" and audio/video shuttering that doesn't go away until I restart
mythv.  I would rather not downgrade as the 2.6.0 kernel provides a lot
of support that I really like.

Thanks!
Bob

P.S.

I read the message that suggested something along the lines of..

echo "mythbackend xx xx" > /proc/* <<< something like that..

Tried that and it did not help.