[mythtv-users] Any suggestions for DVD+R linux tools?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Jan 6 12:40:26 EST 2004

On Jan 6, 2004, at 08:06, Romel Llarena wrote:

> Thank you everyone for the K3b suggestion. That's the
> route I want to take. After doing some research
> though, installation could be a bear. I found an RPM
> site, http://k3b.xcyb.org/, and am wondering if this
> is the best route for a noob, and is K3b v0.10.3 -
> stable version the best version. The only reason why I
> as about the version is I'm not sure if that's the
> most current stable version for FC.

On one of my FC/ATrpms-ized boxes:

k3b:
   Installed: 0.10.3-1
   Candidate: 0.10.3-1
   Version Table:
  *** 0.10.3-1 0
         996 http://newrpms.sunsite.dk redhat/en/i386/fc1/newrpms pkglist
         100 RPM Database
      0.10.1-1 0
         996 http://newrpms.sunsite.dk redhat/en/i386/fc1/newrpms pkglist

Newrpms is a repo automatically enabled when you use ATrpms, so you
should be able to install it with a simple "apt-get install k3b".

It should be noted that k3bsetup sometimes has issues if you try to run
it in Gnome. It always works in KDE though. Once you've run k3bsetup,
k3b itself runs fine in Gnome and KDE (I haven't tried it in any other
WM).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...